Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Athletics carnival

Last week was the Athletics carnival. The first race up was the 200m which was very nerve racking. When the race started I was really scared and I kept looking around to look what I was coming and at everyone else. because I did that I slowed down but at least I still came 4th which was pretty good. After that I went up to my dad and he said to look straight the whole time and not to look around. So with my next race which was the 100m I looked start the whole time and came 2nd:) I was so happy with myself and that my dad's advice really worked:) I also got into the long jump and shot put. Shot put was first up I did my best but wasn't as good as the other girls cause I came 5th. With the long jump I came 4th but it was pretty hard cause we had to jump off a line and not the white, green and yellow mat. After we had tug of war with the year 6's O'Shea and Steele and it was Makillop vs O'Shea and Makillop won. Then Steele vs O'Shea and Steele won but when it was Makillop vs Steele, Steele won and we lost. But I still had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment